Tim Weakley's Reviews > A Christmas Carol

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

Dec 04, 11

bookshelves: 50-book-challenge-2011, e-books
Read from December 03 to 04, 2011

Like most of us I am overly familiar with the general story of A Christmas Carol. I had never actually read it though to my knowledge. It did not disappoint.

Some of the sequences in the plot seemed different from what I remembered but it all worked. Scrooge saw the light...the good are rewarded. No surprises but I didn't want any. Now I will have to see if other stories by Dickens hold me as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Christmas Carol.

Cheryl I like Dickens, not all of his work, but overall, I enjoy it. My 18 year old LOATHES him which is funny to me since he and I have similar taste and takes on writing.

message 2: by Tim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tim Weakley I think I was expecting something similar to Thomas Hardy, whom I loathe from high school. Nothing like Tess to destroy any appeal Hardy might have had. A Christmas Carol was also much shorter than I was expecting.

Cheryl I read Tale of Two Cities when I was about 13 and fell in love with it. Not quite in love with it now, but I still thought it was a very good re-read. I should re-read A Christmas Carol. Maybe next December.