Steve's Reviews > Less Risk, More Return

Less Risk, More Return by Lee Hull

Mar 03, 12

bookshelves: first-reads, received-from-author-or-publisher
Read in January, 2012

I won this book in a first-reads giveaway. It seems to offer some sound investment advice, but it certainly lacks detail as far as executing on that advice.

The author was obviously trying to write a book that everyone could read and understand with some basic, practical investment advice. It accomplishes that goal fairly well in my opinion. That being said, there are several times in the book where the author mentions that the real information is much more complex than that presented in the book.

I don't want to be down on this book because I really believe that the advice contained in it is sound. The primary goal seems to be to drive investors to hire the right financial manager to manage their investments, however, and the ideal financial manager is described to look much like the author.

I think this book is definitely worth reading for those that are looking to set up retirement investments though. It's a quick read and contains some valuable insight into various markets and trends.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Less Risk, More Return.