Hannah-Linn's Reviews > Where the Heart Is

Where the Heart Is by Billie Letts

Dec 03, 2011

bookshelves: favorites, made-me-cry
Read in October, 2008

I read this book in...hhhhhmmmm....sixth grade, maybe seventh. I don't know why I'm just writing a review for it now.

It is, my favorite book of all time. Plain and simple.
This may sound bad, but it started with the movie. It's my mom's favorite movie, and the first time I saw it I was maybe eight years old.
It's my favorite movie, along with Gone With The Wind and Pretty in Pink.

I know I read the book after I saw the movie, but nonetheless it's my favorite book and movie. I love it with all my heart.

I think It's just because I can relate to it a lot, in certain ways. Not so much by what happens in the book, but more so in the characters and in the attitude of the book and the way I came to read the book itself.

To me, this book is a classic. I may upset some people by saying that by the way, because I know some people freak out when you say that about a book. but it's just what I feel. I think if you haven't read the book that you should, because it's really....innocent. But at the same time, brings up a heck of a lot of issues. And, just as a warning I'm going to say, you will cry. You will cry and cry and cry. If you don't, then you can yell at me, but you're the one without a soul. And I'll piss you off because I'll say something like "Good luck with your life without a soul" And I'll be angry because You'll yell at me more and I'll say something stupid again like "Hey look, maybe it does have a soul. And evil one." and we'll just keep arguing because I'll feel the need to defend my book. That's right, my book........ anyway. I love this book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where the Heart Is.

Quotes Hannah-Linn Liked

Billie Letts
“...tell them that we have some good in us, too. And the only thing worth living for is the good. That’s why we’ve got to make sure we pass it on.”

“Come on, Forney.'
Novalee, it's a parasite.'
But it's a tradition.'
It's a parasite! And you expect people to stand under it and kiss?'
Yes! it's what people do with mistletoe.”

Billie Letts
“Then tell them we've all got meanness in us...But tell them we have some good in us too. And the only thing worth living for is the good. That's why we've got to make sure we pass it on.”