Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog's Reviews > Existence

Dec 14, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, ya
Read from December 13 to 14, 2011

3.25 stars :)

Not really sure where to begin this review. I wanted to like it more than I did, but it was difficult. First off, why name the leading man Dank? Seriously, that was a bad move. It was kinda hard to get past the name and find him appealing. I wished he wasn't given a human name at all. If I can be honest, I liked him better as Death. Second, I'm not really sure if I liked the heroine as much either. Pagan bugged me. She really came off as a user to me. The way she treated Leif was inexcusable. I loved Leif. He was supremely sweet and kind. That leads me to the third point, all the while I was reading, I felt nothing but pity for Leif. I kept wishing Pagan would come to her senses and just fall for the normal guy. I kept wanting to stop reading because all she did was use the guy. However, the ending was good and I think it saved the book from being just okay. I was left stunned at Dank's admission about Leif. It kinda threw my whole opinion upside down. I wanted to hate it, but then it left me wanting more. Does that make sense? lol. All in all, it was a pretty good, fast, easy read. The story differs from other paranormal YA. Looking forward to the sequel :)
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Existence.

Jennifer Apparently, amazon does not believe I should read this

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Jennifer wrote: "Apparently, amazon does not believe I should read this"

What do you mean? Want me to lend it to you after I'm done? :)

Jennifer I can not find it in the Kindle store, but it would be awesome if you did lend it to me :) jennifercruzreyes@yahoo.com

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog All done Jen. I just sent it. Let me know if you have any problems with getting it :)

message 6: by Rachael (new)

Rachael Wade Pagan definitely made me mad. Not a fan of the leading lady at all. I felt the same way about this book as a whole--it was a combination of love/hate for me. Still looking forward to #2 to see what happens, though!

Jennifer Thanks for the lend!!

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog Jennifer wrote: "Thanks for the lend!!"

You're welcome, Jen. Enjoy :)

message 9: by Jackie (new) - added it

Jackie I immensely loved Abbi Glines Fallen Too Far novel.
This seems like something completely juvenile compared to that. What you quoted Glines, I thought she was being sarcastic!!

Still kinda wanna read it to see if its really THAT bad, which it probably is.

Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog I haven't read Fallen Too Far, yet...but it is on my radar since book two comes out soon.

Yea, this series is OK, for a YA paranormal.

message 11: by Dd (new)

Dd Great review Tessa!!:))