Barbara's Reviews > Judgment of the Grave

Dec 04, 11

bookshelves: mystery
Read from December 03 to 04, 2011

Book Review_Judgment of the Grave

I think these books are well written. The mysteries are complex, intriguing and the author offers insight into the characters as perspective changes among the major characters in the book. While Sweeney does get involved in solving the mystery, she is usually brought in because of her expertise. Since her work often involve her researching aspects of funerary art, so she just get a bit carried away sometimes and can’t stop researching when she is consulted.

At least she doesn’t run off foolishly and unnecessarily to interview suspects. She is not TSTL, but she does have her moments when she will act a bit recklessly. I like Sweeney. She does need help with her love life, however. She seems to be a commitment-phobe. She also isn’t the nicest person at time – she has this habit of stringing her best friend Toby along who seems to be a bit in love with her (Toby is a guy). She waffles about how she feels about him, but uses him at times. She’s doesn’t go overboard, but she does seem to take advantage of his good nature and feelings for her.

I’m also sad that the author is apparently not writing more books about this character. I’ve read all four and the last one was completed in 2007.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Judgment of the Grave.