Alison Fees's Reviews > 5 Reasons to Leave a Lover - A Novella and Other Short Stories

5 Reasons to Leave a Lover - A Novella and Other Short Stories by Carolyn Moncel

Dec 03, 11

Read in November, 2011

This is the first book of Carolyn's that I have read and I was very happy. I have not read Encounters in Paris in which the first couple, Ellery and Julien, were introduced. I was still able to enjoy the story without reading the first book. These short stories give a glimpse into 3 very different relationships. Though the first 2 stories deal with infidelity, which can be depressing, I found myself truly feeling sorry for the characters. Carolyn did an excellent job of making me feel what they felt. She painted a very vivid picture which brought life to the tale. The characters were well developed and thought out. I got to know them fairly well in such a short story. Over all I really enjoyed these short stories and would recommended them to anyone. I big thanks to Carolyn for giving me the opportunity to read her book. I look forward to reading her other works.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 5 Reasons to Leave a Lover - A Novella and Other Short Stories.