Abigail's Reviews > Gates of Paradise

Gates of Paradise by Melissa de la Cruz

Dec 13, 11

bookshelves: vampires, true-love, angels, time, multi-perspectives, demons, favorites, i-cried, immortals, love-triangles
Read on March 11, 2013

This is the second book that actually made me cry out of happiness. If you read it, you'd probably know why. but here's the reason anyways: [spoiler] Schuyler got Jack back. [/spoiler] YYYYAAAAYYY!!!!

Anyways, I really loved this series. I'm really sad to see it go. I love how Melissa de la Cruz does a lot of foreshadowing, and the plot is really intricate and well thought. BRAVA, MELISSA!!!

Also, everything wraps up very nicely, and everybody that deserves a happy ending gets one. nobody important is left out, really. This book incorporates nearly everybody we've met in the entire series, whether just by mentioning them, or if they actually appear. No new characters appear though, which makes sense, because this book is obviously not as long as Inheritance.

Melissa did a really great job of summing everything up in 3350 pgs, which is not easy, by all means. I REALLY REALLY REALLY LIKE THIS SERIES!!!! (And usually I hate long series about vampires and angels, so this is really something...)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gates of Paradise.