Books's Reviews > Ros

Ros by Dee DeTarsio

Dec 03, 2011

bookshelves: reviewed, ellen-s-reviews
Read in November, 2011

If laughter is the best medicine, then this book will be your pharmacy! While I was reading it, the people around me were treated to frequent guffaws, shouts of laughter and extended howls of mirth.

The book starts with a bang. Literally! As the story is written from a first person perspective, the reader gets a good look into Micki's thoughts and inner dialogue, which is mostly hilarious but also touching at times. Enter Rhoda, the self centered former mother-in-law, who suffers from both Alzheimer's and an unhealthy love of casinos and add to this Gal, the cat, who had developed a somewhat embarrassing problem after she had been spayed. Just to make it more interesting, throw in a couple of college kids and an elderly widower; and you have a group of characters who will keep you entertained up to the very last page.

Of course we must not forget the most important person in the story - Ros, who apart from being a completely lovable character, also has a treasure trove of wisdom to impart. I got so hooked on all these brilliantly portrayed characters, I was devastated when the book ended. “Ros” is full of clever and hysterically funny word play; and even during more serious moments, the reader is given something to smile about.

This is the best blend of superb humor, stimulating action and truly tasteful romance I have come across in a long time. The author skillfully uses references to literature and popular culture to draw the reader into the story in a very realistic way. “Ros” is an absolute must-read, guaranteeing the reader an unparalleled reading experience - a book you will not be able to put down once you’ve started reading it.
Dee DeTarsio makes you look forward to what she has in store for her readers next! (Ellen Fritz)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ros.