Amy Nielsen's Reviews > Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary

Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary by Brandon Mull

Dec 03, 2011

bookshelves: 2012-booklist, all-time-favorites, authors-who-don-t-suck, fantasy-fiction, get-a-blanket-and-a-snack, young-adult
Read from May 23 to 28, 2012

I LOVED this book along with every other book in this series. I could NOT put it down and my entire life fell to pieces around me while my face was buried in this book. But I really mean the whole series.

My very favorite part of this book was the knapsack. Sooo ingenious! And watching little preschool shows with my 3 year old gave me the idea of where Mull might have began his seed of creativity for the knapsack. Have you seen Dora the Explorer or Diego? They both have these backpacks that are like Mary Poppin's carpet bag. They can hold anything, of any size and Diego's can "become" any item needed. Sure, they don't have cavernous spaces that you can go down into and hide out but they're still magical bags. My brain just went crazy with all of the potential of that knapsack and I wished fervently for one of my own. Of any magical item I have ever heard of, this would be the one I want the most - even anything inside of the Harry Potter world (although that Maurader's Map would be pretty cool). Anyway, high five for the knapsack.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary.

05/23/2012 page 268