Amy's Reviews > West from Home: Letters of Laura Ingalls Wilder, San Francisco, 1915

West from Home by Laura Ingalls Wilder

Dec 05, 2011

bookshelves: biography-autobiography-or-memoir, a-favorite-author, places-i-have-been, satisfying, taught-me-something
Read from December 03 to 04, 2011

A wonderful collection of letters of Laura Ingalls Wilder to her husband when she went to visit their daughter, Rose, in San Francisco in 1915. It was the time of the the Panama-Pacific International Exposition, and thus provides a view of both the ordinary and the spectacular in that city where so many of us have left our hearts. As a history lover, I really liked the glimpses of the time. As a reader, I liked seeing one of my favorite childhood authors in a different light. As someone interested in writing and former journalist, I found the bits about Rose's career and the paths of writing at the time fascinating. Plus, there were pictures! One hundred twenty five pages of lovely.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read West from Home.

12/03/2011 page 25
13.0% "Love, love, love this collection of letters from LIW to her hubby when she went to visit her daughter in San Francisco in 1915 (and see the Panama-Pacific International Exposition."