Nicole (Reading Books With Coffee)'s Reviews > Fruits Basket, Vol. 12

Fruits Basket, Vol. 12 by Natsuki Takaya

Jun 14, 2015

bookshelves: children-young-adult, manga, 2011, diverse-reads
Read in December, 2011 — I own a copy

It’s getting really good, and I can’t wait to see what happens next! I mean, I know what happens, but I’ve sorta forgotten, so I’ll be reminded. The artwork is great, and we learn about the year of the monkey. Plus, the fan art is really interesting to see, and there’s even a poem included in the fan art section.

There really isn’t a whole lot to review in this volume, because there really isn’t a lot that happens, but the series is pretty consistent. There’s a good story and some great illustrations. It’s really interesting to see the characters grow throughout the series, and the characters are definitely different from when we first met them. The relationship between Rin and Hatsuharu is interesting, as is the one between Kagura and Kyo. I always found Kagura’s love of Kyo to be somewhat amusing in previous volumes, but in this one, you get the reasoning behind it, and you feel a little bad for Kagura.

Rating: 5 out of 5. I really do love the series, and I’m curious as to how Tohru breaking the curse will work out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fruits Basket, Vol. 12.