Steph Sinclair's Reviews > The Raie'Chaelia

The Raie'Chaelia by Melissa Douthit

Edit: I was strongly tempted to read this (I did attempt and gave up on the third page), but I reconsidered in part to Lissa's awesome review, which you should all go check out. Big shout out to Amazon for allowing kindle content returns! The poor Amazon Customer Service Rep. couldn't even pronounce the title. Smh. Well, that makes all of us! XD

...
....
.....

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Why do I always bust out in a fit of giggles whenever I see this cover? LMAO.

54 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Raie'Chaelia.

message 1: by Kaia (new)

Kaia I can't tell what's worse: that blurb, or the author's clear lack of understanding of how language works. Raie'Chaelia? Really?

message 2: by John (new) - rated it 1 star

John Egbert Stephanie wrote: "I'm *very* tempted to actually read this book, but I won't. However, if she pulls something like that again, I will do it and with a smile on my face."

Same here. And (not to boast or anything) I think it's known how snarky I can be when I put my mind to it. Hey! It can be like an epic snark fest.

message 3: by Kaia (new)

Kaia If she keeps harassing Lucy, even I will let her stupid book have it, and I'm not prone to that kind of behavior.

message 4: by Rogier (new)

Rogier Adam 'Archer' wrote: "I'm gonna wait.... I may rip it in the future."

lol

message 5: by Ashelynn (new)

Ashelynn so, on the Amazon page there's a Kirkus review ""Douthit’s love of words is apparent and her use of language highly inventive. She has a firm grip on believable dialogue."
~ Kirkus Reviews" When you go to Kirkus Reviews and look for it, this page pops up: http://www.kirkusreviews.com/search/?...

Well. I knew Kirkus couldn't have reviewed it because "their" quote doesn't sound like a Kirkus quote. But still, why lie about something anybody can look up?

Hey there Delilah because she has no morals or integrity

The Holy Terror Ashelynn wrote: "so, on the Amazon page there's a Kirkus review ..."

I'm going to submit that info to Amazon. I suggest you all do the same.

Hey there Delilah On it, boss.

The Holy Terror Adam 'Archer' wrote: "Can't we please just crucify the moron who wrote it?"

I honestly don't know who writes the product descriptions ... so ...

message 10: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair Ashelynn wrote: "so, on the Amazon page there's a Kirkus review ""Douthit’s love of words is apparent and her use of language highly inventive. She has a firm grip on believable dialogue."
~ Kirkus Reviews" When yo..."

Wow. That's just...I don't even have words for that.

The Holy Terror Scroll to the bottom of the Amazon page if you don't know how to submit feedback for a product. I put mine under the last one.

But this:
Feedback
Would you like to report poor quality or formatting in this book? Click here

Lolololol.

message 12: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair The Holy Terror wrote: "Ashelynn wrote: "so, on the Amazon page there's a Kirkus review ..."

I'm going to submit that info to Amazon. I suggest you all do the same."

*raises hand*

Ok, dumb question, but where/how to report that to Amazon?

message 13: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair The Holy Terror wrote: "Scroll to the bottom of the Amazon page if you don't know how to submit feedback for a product. I put mine under the last one.

But this:
Feedback
Would you like to report poor quality or form..."

LOL, thank you!

Hey there Delilah I'm pretty sure it's author submitted by the author since they're all formated differently, ie Melissa's review uses ~ symbol where someone professionally inputing them would probably use something closer to an official style.

Plus some of these positive comments are from right here.

message 15: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair This woman disgusts me more and more each time. I reported it as well.

The Holy Terror Hey there Delilah wrote: "I'm pretty sure it's author submitted by the author since they're all formated differently, ie Melissa's review uses ~ symbol where someone professionally inputing them would probably use something closer to an official style.

Plus some of these positive comments are from right here."

It's quite possible that the author submits the product content, but it's also likely that it could be the publisher, agent, publicist too. In this particular case, I bet it's the author since a lot of those quotes are on her personal website as well.

But a lot of people cross-post their reviews to other sites, so the fact that there are positive reviews here and there that are the same doesn't make me raise my conspiracy flag. I wouldn't put it past her to persuade her "fans" to post their reviews anywhere they can though.

message 17: by Kaia (new)

Kaia I'm pretty sure that with self- and vanity-published books, it's the author who submits that stuff. There's no one else when you're self-published, and vanity-publishers are generally lazy scammers who will only do something if you pay through the nose for it.

Faking reviews, professional or otherwise, is disgusting.

Vanessa That title looks like something made on Blingee...

message 19: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair Sei (Vanessa) wrote: "That title looks like something made on Blingee..."

Lol! Yes! I knew it looked familiar!

Vanessa There are also these parody books in the UK called 'Diary of a Chav' and they use the same sort of title graphic, lol

Vanessa Adam 'Archer' wrote: "Sei (Vanessa) wrote: "There are also these parody books in the UK called 'Diary of a Chav' and they use the same sort of title graphic, lol"

Yeah I've seen those. Look like they were written by th..."

I've actually flicked through a couple of them in the shops... they were actually more parodies of The Princess Diaries than something a chav would relate to. (Pshaw, a chav, reading? I was in an English class full of them in secondary school and they couldn't even be bothered to read books that were barely 100 pages.)

Vanessa Adam 'Archer' wrote: "Sei (Vanessa) wrote: "Adam 'Archer' wrote: "Sei (Vanessa) wrote: "There are also these parody books in the UK called 'Diary of a Chav' and they use the same sort of title graphic, lol"

Yeah I've s..."

Apparently so, since most of them are on FaceBook in the college library whenever I need a bloody computer to do my work lol

Skittles (Skyla) I don't think chavs can read, I'm almost 100% sure they can't, if you see a chav reading run because it is the end of the world as we know it.

message 24: by Steph (last edited Jan 13, 2012 01:53PM) (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair My eyes, Archer, they bleed!

Vanessa And I offer secondhand apologies for making us go so off-topic with a dish of cookies!

message 26: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair Oh, YUM!

message 27: by Nafiza (new)

Nafiza The title, I don't think I can even pronounce it. :\

message 28: by Rhea (new) - rated it 1 star

Rhea It's pronounced "rye-kay-la," which is just unguessable. How do you get "rye-kay-la" from "Rai'Chaelia?!"

message 29: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair Really? How odd.