Angel 's Reviews > Clive Barker's The Great And Secret Show, Volume 2

Jan 04, 12

bookshelves: graphic_novels_and_comics, horror_and_thrillers
Recommended for: Clive Barker fans, horror readers
Read from December 03, 2011 to January 04, 2012, read count: 1

I did not rate this higher because, for a graphic novel, it can get a bit verbose at times. This slowed down the pace for me as a reader at times. Having said that, this is a very rich work with much depth. It is a tale of a battle between good and evil forces and those folks who get caught up in the battle. And it all starts in a dead letters section of a post office (or so it seems).

Readers who have enjoyed works by Stephen King, such as The Stand, and the more recent series by Hill, Lockey & Key, which I have read, will probably enjoy this. The art, which is pretty good, did remind me of the style you see later in Locke & Key. This is a graphic novel adaptation that you need to take the time to read, but it is a good, entertaining read. I would be curious to see if other books in the Books of the Art series have been given the graphic novel treatment as well. I am curious to read the rest of the series at some point, see how things turn out. This kind of novel does lend itself to adaptation. So, a nice read, but for me, it could be a bit slow. Still, if you like Clive Barker or similar writers, you will probably enjoy it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clive Barker's The Great And Secret Show, Volume 2.

12/03/2011 page 5
2.0% "Starting this now. Just read the nice introduction Clive Barker wrote for the volume, which gives a bit of insight into how the adaptation came to be."
show 4 hidden updates…