Avital Gertner-Samet's Reviews > The World We Found

Jan 08, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Recommended for: Everyone
Read from January 03 to 08, 2012 — I own a copy

I cannot find the words that are sufficient to describe how much I loved this book.

Umrigar's beautiful writing and masterful story telling have won me over. This is the first book by her that I read and I am going to check out each and every one of them, now that I am in love.

In general this is a story about friendship. A strong bond that lasted nearly 30 years and is now being tested - has time weakened that bond? But the book is about much more of that. This book is building upon common stereotypes and than shatters them - time and again.

You will learn to love the main characters and then resent them and than love again.

You will see that in reality, stereotypes do not exists. There is only a collection of individual people. Each person with his own desires, believes, sense of morality and understanding of life. There is no definite right or wrong when it comes to a way of life - wrong only happens when one considers his way of life as absolute.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The World We Found.

01/03/2012 page 27
8.0% "I'm already in love."
01/07/2012 page 143
45.0% "I love how she builds upon stigmas and then shatters them. Over and over again. You cannot help but ponder..."
show 4 hidden updates…