Wendy Darling's Reviews > The Raie'Chaelia

The Raie'Chaelia by Melissa Douthit
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Raie'Chaelia.

Wendy Darling In case all the other documented cases weren't enough, this author thinks I reveal my "true ignorance" in one of my reviews and says of reviewers in general "I'm sorry but some reviewers these days are such incredible idiots that I have hard time containing my frustration of their ignorance. Some reviews I read are such a cesspit of stupidity, it makes me wonder how these people are even able to function from day to day in their lives."

The Vanity Author's Amazon review

Lissa If that review was posted on Goodreads it'd be taken down for talking about another reviewers.

message 3: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair She did the same thing to me in her review of Carrier of the Mark.

message 4: by Dakota (new)

Dakota Sorry this happened to you. Wasn't there some other fuss about her earlier on this year?

Maria Ugh. why does she have to do that? is she really like this in her reviews? I exchanged emails with her and she seemed nice.

*hugs* Wendy! She doesn't have to demean you like that.

message 6: by MJ (new) - rated it 1 star

MJ Wendy, I'm so sorry. Needless to say, this author and all her work has just gone on my don't read list.

Maria Archer: i read her review of Carrier of the Mark before, and she attacked there (in more ways than one) those reviewers who didn't like the book bcoz it's a Twilight ripoff. that was inappropriate. i mean, so you love the book, but do not hate the reviewers who hate the book!

Someone's gotta stop her.

message 8: by Ruby (new) - added it

Ruby  Tombstone [With A Vengeance] Wow, that's ridiculous. I'm pretty happy to mark her review as "unhelpful".

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

She's a disgusting human being.
I shelved her book as "authors behaving badly" and the following day, I had 7 freaking trolls hit my "review." I banned all of them. She had the nerve to post on her blog that a "friend" was trying to defend her (a person named 'Jade') and that the friend was banned from the discussion. She failed to mention all of the trolls she sent on Goodreads that day, and that this so called friend was deleted after it was all said and done.
And she is still not done attacking reviewers. This woman has no class and does not even have a DROP of professional conscious in her.
But she's a damn coward and posted that on Amazon.

message 10: by Kyle (last edited May 30, 2012 09:13PM) (new) - added it

Kyle I made sure to tell her what I thought of her on her Amazon review. Disgusting, twisted human being.

Wendy Darling Ugh. The funny thing is, I don't rate the books on my "will never read" shelf and never posted a single line about any of this...person's books until yesterday. She has since written an entire blog post publishing outrageous lies about The Selection debacle, all in the obvious attempt to curry favor and in order to receive attention. I'll try to upload screenshots in a few minutes for those who don't want to add to the site traffic.

I am trying to do some stuff behind the scenes, but I truly appreciate the support, you guys. And yes, right after I posted this, newly minted Christine commented on this review and said "Melissa has a right to post her opinion." As if I didn't have a right to post my opinion of The Selection...

Nenia *The Flagrant Liberal* Campbell because taking advantage of your first amendment rights makes you such an idiot. *sigh*

personally, i think your reviews are always very thorough and lovely and exceptionally generous. ♥

p.s. the amazon link is missing? did le author le delete her trolling? >____>

message 13: by Kyle (new) - added it

Kyle Wendy Darling wrote: "Ugh. The funny thing is, I don't rate the books on my "will never read" shelf and never posted a single line about any of this...person's books until yesterday. She has since written an entire blog..."

This woman is a complete hypocrite. Saying you sent your "bully friends to stalk and harass" people, but finding out people's personal information and posting it online isn't stalking and harassment?

Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish) I had marked the review as inappropriate, too. It seems to be gone now. I wonder if that was her or Amazon.

message 15: by Kyle (new) - added it

Kyle Paige wrote: "The link Wendy originally posted no longer works, but the review is still live. Both comments that were on it last time I looked have disappeared but were not deleted in Amazon's usual way. If they..."

She deleted my comment? How rude.

message 16: by Steph (last edited May 30, 2012 09:27PM) (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair She reposted the review.

message 17: by Jim (new) - added it

Jim I am here, Wendy. Do what you need to do. Need any help, just ask.

Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews) My comment was deleted as well. Pretty damn fast too.

message 19: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair She deleted her first review and reposted it again because everyone down voted it. It's what she does.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Skyla (Happy Go Lucky and Lost in Books) wrote: "@ Lyn. I would post an applause gif but my phone won't let me do gifs so instead you get this YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! XD"

;) Thank you.

Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews) Stephanie wrote: "She reposted the review."

I've flagged the new one.

message 22: by Jim (new) - added it

Jim I did too.

The Romance Bookie Oh My God! This is probably the worst thing I have ever read in my life, since I started my own blog!
I mean it is one thing stating your opinion, BUT actually pretty much stocking you and writing SO Much of your personal information! Something should be done! I'm so sorry Wendy! Her post is absolutely despicable, and you know what? I bet she just lost a TON of readers! At least as what I see here from your supporters, it sure looks like it. I bet she is just holding a grudge because you put her book onto your "Will not read" list.

It's like, "GET OVER IT!!!!" She became an author knowing that comments, both nasty and nice, were going to be headed her way!
How can someone like that be an author??!! It's sad! She's trying to sell books and that's what she writes??

Don't let it bother you, the people who support her are ignorant!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

The newest review has been deleted as well. How long until she reposts a 3rd time? I'll stay up all night flagging the fuckers.

message 25: by Wendy Darling (last edited May 30, 2012 09:47PM) (new) - added it

Wendy Darling Thanks for the updated link, Stephanie. Does anyone have links to the previous meltdowns she's been linked to here? there are so freaking many, but they're hard to find and I don't have the the brainpower for it at the moment.

And thank you thank you all for your kindness. This woman is just one more ridiculous thing on top of all the ridiculous things linked to that other ridiculous book.

Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish) Wendy, did you post your The Selection review on Amazon?

message 27: by Lisa (new)

Lisa I'm sorry, Wendy. There was no reason for this person to attack you or your review. I hope her review gets taken down.

message 28: by Nicole (new) - added it

Nicole I am adding an "authors behaving badly" shelf just for this woman. Of course (and sadly) I will add to it over time, but she gets the honor of being the very first.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Nicole wrote: "I am adding an "authors behaving badly" shelf just for this woman. Of course (and sadly) I will add to it over time, but she gets the honor of being the very first."
You'll get some trolls, just to let you know.
This is so out of hand. I can't believe this woman and her actions.

message 30: by Experiment BL626 (new)

Experiment BL626 Damn. This woman is incredibly incorrigible. I'm sorry you got attacked, Wendy. =(

Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews) She was why I created my "will not read due to author" shelf... and I had trolls the next day. So, keep close to your Ron and Hermione 'cause it's easier to bring 'em down in teams ;)

Jessie  (Ageless Pages Reviews) Hahahaa I am glad I could lighten the mood for a moment.

And I guess that means you have a more Fred and a George type situation... not a bad deal ;)

message 33: by Rose (new) - added it

Rose I'm sorry that you've been attacked by her, Wendy. This is inexcusable and downright childish on her part. I don't see how anyone in their right mind would stoop to the level of personal attacks the way she has.

Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish) I sent an e-mail reporting her to Amazon. Her author profile links to her blog so the post with Wendy's information is readily accessible there, too.

message 35: by Nafiza (new)

Nafiza Hey Wendy, I just want to say I'm so sorry that you have to go through this (again). If there's anything you need, do not hesitate to ask. (Since we are all part of the YA Mob, heh.)

message 36: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Wendy, I'm sorry that this has happened again. You are always an eloquent and fair reviewer and one of the reasons I decided to start my own blog. I'll add to the other comments and say I am happy to help if you need it. Xx

message 37: by sanny (new)

sanny If she's so preoccupied with censoring reviews you know she's not really putting as much time or effort as she could into her work. Wendy, thanks for alerting us on such authors and saving would-be readers from them.

Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead Hey Wendy, I usually try to stay quiet in all this author/review stuff but she has clearly crossed the line and I'll help you behind the scenes. I'll email you tomorrow.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Wendy, you are an AWESOME reviewer. Just this morning I went to the post office to mail out WONDER to a friend of mine - a book I'd never have read if not for your review. I got it, I loved it, I passed it along.

I picked up the NEWSFLESH series based ENTIRELY on your reviews. Loved it. PARTIALS by Dan Wells, which I liked...and TAMING THE FOREST KING, which I thought was okay.

So I've bought at least six books based on your reviews alone, books that I'd have otherwise avoided or never heard about. That's pretty amazing.

Also, I think you're the only person who liked my review of THE MAP AND THE TERRITORY, which scored some major points with me.

message 40: by Trudi (new)

Trudi Think we got a live one here .... good grief. Can you spell "deluded" and "unbalanced"? Nothing like twisting reality to suit your needs. YA MOB??? Un-freaking-believable! On a more serious note Wendy, this is truly a despicable act to come at you like this and publish your personal information. Just when I think I've seen it all...

Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews OMG Wendy! *hugs* it's like we can't even blink anymore - there are authors picking on reviewers everywhere these days.

I hope you will be OK, and know that a lot of people love your reviews Wendy.

message 42: by The Holy Terror (last edited May 30, 2012 10:47PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

The Holy Terror Wendy is most likely being attacked because she's friends with Lucy and me, and I'm definitely not proud of that. Not much evidence remains since she and her "friends" were banned and so it all got deleted, but I figured I'd provide some old links for anyone who wants to see just how long this shit has been going on. It's gone beyond ridiculous and pathetic and has now moved into a very scary realm. Thank god she doesn't live in California.

I sent this same info to Wendy not too long ago, so here it is reposted:

Everything first started with her on Princess Lina’s review (screenshot here) but Lina deleted everything. Then it happened again on Lucy’s review of Enclave and Lucy did the same thing. There’s some more ugliness on the Be Nice thread, but again, it’s mostly gone. Some quotes are still there, and if you check Cuddlebuggery you can see some of the same names of the people in Kat's screenshot.

Unfortunately, this all happened before we were all taking screenshots of everything all the time. We don't have enough evidence to appease the people who agree with her because she was deleted (apparently that's not enough) and so all of her and her friends' hateful comments are gone.

She is obsessed with us and this site and I don't understand why she just can't move on. None of us talk about her unless someone gets attacked by one of her sock puppet accounts. The only reason this is getting stirred up AGAIN is because she's decided to post about Wendy on Amazon and then on her own blog. Did anyone do anything to her? Has anyone harassed her or written anything about her? She somehow believes she's a champion for all of the unheard voices of authors we've wronged with our negative reviews. I can't even begin to comprehend what's going on in her head.

message 43: by Dakota (new)

Dakota What does she have against you, Wendy?

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

The Holy Terror wrote: "Wendy is most likely being attacked because she's friends with Lucy and me, and I'm definitely not proud of that. Not much evidence remains since she and her "friends" were banned and so it all got..."
After this little stunt, I find it hard to believe anything that tumbles out of her damn mouth.
Melissa is deleting comments on her blog about sending her friends to reviewer's pages and trolling. She took down all three that I posted.
She's a fucking coward.

Thalia Oh my goodness! What is going on?! Why do authors suddenly seem to be behaving like such jerks?!

I, too, have spoken to Melissa in the past; she offered a free copy of this book to me because she wanted me to review it for me, and asked for my help in the final cover decision for the last book. She was perfectly sweet and my first experience speaking with an author and I just loved talking to her. Now I see she's been acting like THIS, and I don't know what to believe anymore!

jerhvnjrrjerybhnsvjnwhaaaaaatishappeninggggggg.

Wendy, I am so sorry you always seem to get the brunt of the hate from authors. @_@

message 46: by Steph (new) - added it

Steph Sinclair Exactky, THT. It's crazy this is happening to Wendy. She wasn't even involved with all our spats with Vanity. She even wrote up little blog posts about us. I this someone has a nice long status of what happened. I think it was Mello's (now John).

message 47: by MJ (new) - rated it 1 star

MJ It's disgusting. Fortunately there is legal recourse here. Unfortunately it takes a long time for the legal system to work. What really disgusts me is that just because the information is available on the internet she has the right to use it. That's not the case. The first amendment allows a lot of things, but there's also a little thing called the right of privacy which I believe is protected by the constitution too.

message 48: by The Holy Terror (last edited May 30, 2012 11:08PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

The Holy Terror Stephanie wrote: "Exactky, THT. It's crazy this is happening to Wendy. She wasn't even involved with all our spats with Vanity. She even wrote up little blog posts about us. I this someone has a nice long status of what happened. I think it was Mello's (now John)."

She actually was on Lucy's review, but Melissa never went after her again after that.

I'll go look for Mello's status - I found it, but there's nothing really there worth posting.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

YAL Book Briefs wrote: "It's disgusting. Fortunately there is legal recourse here. Unfortunately it takes a long time for the legal system to work. What really disgusts me is that just because the information is avail..."

I think that using her picture without consent is a huge problem.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Thalia wrote: "Oh my goodness! What is going on?! Why do authors suddenly seem to be behaving like such jerks?!

It is sad. So so sad...