Pauline's Reviews > Timeless

5219565
Apr 30, 12

bookshelves: my-favorites
Read from December 03, 2011 to April 30, 2012

*Clap clap clap... standing ovation*

You could just imagine how much I love stories about time travel and starcrossed lovers. And to be honest, TIMELESS has both the qualities I want in a book. It has time travel, giving us a glimpse of the history of America, the evolution of things, and the main haracter actually being there. Though the concept of time travelling wasn't clear yet, the adventure it brought upon the readers was something to die for.

I am in so much awe in this book. Simpky wonderful and equisite. I've been wanting to pick up this book since last year, and I don't know what stopped me from doing so, when this book was so muh better than those I've picked up before. EPIC LOVE STORY. It's like Somewhere in Time meets The Time Traveller's Wife. This kind of stories brings me lot of tears, and surely, Timeless did. It was so heartbreaking, how Michele and Philip couldn't be really together because they are 100 years apart. But I love how Michele was able to meet her ancestors through time travel, and how she learned about each era and each person. Just, gosh, I can't imagine meeting my great great grandmother and helping her out to her career. I know, right?

But the biggest shock of all, oh the last part. What a total cliff hanger, definitely makes us readers wanting for more. More of Philip from 2010. argggh!!! I can't wait!!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Timeless.

Quotes Pauline Liked

Alexandra Monir
“There is nothing in this life that can destroy you but yourself. Bad things happen to everyone, but when they do, you can't just fall apart and die. You have to fight back. If you don't, you're the one who loses in the end. But if you do keep going and fight back, you win.”

Alexandra Monir
“You are lyricist, me a composer - you and I make a complete song.”

Alexandra Monir
“What was the point of loving when the people you loved were taken from you? When Death and Time were always looming and poised to strike, why did love exist?”

Alexandra Monir
“Show me that you're real, and not just my own madness”

Alexandra Monir
“Sixteen long years of unbearable waiting. I can’t do it anymore. She was supposed to return—she always did—and now I see the cruelty in this helpless waiting, living at the mercy of Time. Dragging through the days, I ask myself why I bother when I know that the one place I can find her isn’t here on earth. That’s it—that’s enough of this—I’m done.”

04/29/2012
12.0% "I have a gut feeling that this would be a wonderful read."
04/29/2012
27.0% "Somehow reminds me of Gossip Girl's famous New York Families-- Archibalds, Van Der Woodsen, Bass, Waldorf. Yay!"
04/30/2012
54.0% "This is so addictive. I love the time travel concept. I like Michele and Philip! :)"
04/30/2012
85.0% "I cant breathe. wow."