Lisa.scott's Reviews > Lock and Key

Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen

U_50x66
Dec 03, 11

Amazingly awesome book ... Totally loved it !!! A really nice plot the subject matter that this book raise is good and is kind of important and I think more books should be written on this subject (thought I personally thing that The book didn't do the full justice to "The whole parents abandon their children" thing But anyways Sarah is know for her love stories so I wasn't exactly expecting her to even write much about the Topic n I have to admit It was much better then I thought I mean I thought she will drop the whole thing as soon as Ruby shift to her sis's place but I was happy when she didn't.)
Anyways rather than boring you with my Thoughts n stuff I'll tell you about the book
[image error]

Lock and key Is a story about Ruby who lives with her mother, also named as Ruby ,who is very unpredictable and disappear for days at a time. But when her mother doesn't come back for months and their landlord,Honeycuts, comes to know about her mom's disappearance they turn Ruby social service And they found her sister, Cora,with whom she is not contact with for past 10 yrs . And Ruby is made to live with her sister n her brother-in-law ,Jamie. though Cora has built a life for herself: a successful career, a big house and all. She’s living the American dream. Ruby has never lived a life anything like that, and she certainly doesn’t want to start now, being tied down like that and being a burden on a sister who doesn’t want her. and she wants to escape but didn't succeed.
It's the story of who she deals with her messed up life and to add up the problem she have a nice neighbor Nate whom she doesn't like in the start ...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lock and Key.