Beck's Reviews > Take Me There

Take Me There by Carolee Dean

Dec 09, 11

Read on December 09, 2011, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** Although this book was good, it wasn't excatly what I was expecting, and not in a good way. The pace of this book goes in and out, nothing is happening and yet, everything is at the same time. I can't help but say, I was kind of disappointed when I read this, and it did not appeal to the hopless romantic that I am,

Half the time I wanted to slap Dylan, for how clueless he was, especially when the answers were so blantenly obvious! Through reading the blurb, I expected Jess to be more apart of the book, that the romance and the trouble he was in was 50-50, although he was only with Jess for a week! And Wade! Dylan would have never been in trouble at all if it wasn't for him! I hated Wade. And, after they both leave to Texas, Wade ditches him for a girl! At the end, Dylan ends up in Jail...and Wade gets off free! Married with a kid on the way. Dylan doesn't even get Jess! Dylan's dad dies, his mum gets off for murder, and Dylan ends up in jail with only his lawyer visiting him. I don't understand. Although Dylan ending up in jail is a realistic ending, obviously he wasn't going to get off from his charges because he was in love, but couldn't he at least have Jess visiting him everyday, and shouldn't Wade be in there with him?

I think it's fair to say I found this book more frustrating than anything.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Take Me There.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Leigh Collazo So. Totally. Agree. I loved the beginning and hated the end. I kept hoping maybe Two Tone didn't actually die (Dylan left thinking he did, but it wasn't ever certified by a doctor or anything). That way, it would be self-defense. So sad.

Beck Mrs. ReaderPants wrote: "So. Totally. Agree. I loved the beginning and hated the end. I kept hoping maybe Two Tone didn't actually die (Dylan left thinking he did, but it wasn't ever certified by a doctor or anything). Tha..."

Definately wasn't what I was expecting that's for sure.