Brittany's Reviews > Never Seduce a Scoundrel

Never Seduce a Scoundrel by Sabrina Jeffries

Jan 14, 12

bookshelves: 2012-reads, 2012-romance-challenge
Read in January, 2012

I give this a 3 1/2 out of 5 but since there are no halves I rounded down. Decent story line but I felt it lagging at times and then when thing picked up too much happened. I'm talking specifically about the unplanned tip to Scotland and then the kidnapping on their way home. It just seemed excessive and I didn't really see the need for the kidnapping! If it was removed the story line wouldn't of chanced and it would of been a quicker read.

Lady Amelia Plume went to finishing school late, due to her family's lack of funds until her father re-married an heiress. She now has to fend off fortune hunters in a search for true love. Major Lucas Winter is looking for a criminal and his supposed wife. He tracks her down and realizes she's married to Lord Tovey and has a step daughter who might help him get revenge for his family and capture a criminal for the United States. He did not plan on them forming a relationship or him running to rescue her when she is kidnapped and taken to Gretna Green. He realizes at the end he loves her just as she loves him and he lets his grudge for vengeance go and they live a happy life together.

I just thought this book was ok but could have been so much more if it had just been edited a bit more. I'm going to try the next in the series and see if it is an improvement on this book. If it isn't I'm not going to waste my time with the series.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Seduce a Scoundrel.