Trix's Reviews > Magic Strikes

Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews

Dec 04, 11

bookshelves: action, adventure, fantasy, magic, mystery, paranormal, sorcery, suspense, sword, urban-fantasy, vampires, werewolves
Read from December 03 to 04, 2011, read count: 1

I'm glad I stuck with this series. It got better and better with each new installment. And compared to the first two, this one deserves a 5 star rating.

What really impressed me was the depth of the characters (revealed either through words or action) as well as the research and time invested in bringing to life so many wondrous beings. And of course the bit of romance always wedged between two fight scenes.

(view spoiler)

All in all, a very good story, which kept me glued to the chair, writhing with each new fight, laughing at Kate and Curran's antics and cheering for the good guys to win.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic Strikes.

Quotes Trix Liked

Ilona Andrews
“Curran looked back at me. "Why is it you always attract creeps?"

"You tell me." Ha! Walked right into that one, yes, he did.”

Ilona Andrews
“Every time I think you’ve reached the limits of arrogance, you show me new heights. Truly, your egotism is like the Universe—ever expanding.”
tags: kate

Ilona Andrews
“...you expect me to fall on my back with my legs spread."
"Not necessarily. ... You can fall on your hands and knees if you prefer. Or against the wall. Or on the kitchen counter. I suppose I might let you be on top, if you make it worth my while.”

Ilona Andrews
“Give me an opportunity to fail," Saiman said. "I promise my corpse won't interrupt your 'I told you so' speech.”

Ilona Andrews
“I gave him a smile. I was aiming for sweet, but he turned a shade paler and scooted a bit farther from me. Note to self: work more on sweet and less on psycho-killer.”

Ilona Andrews
“Saiman picked up a coffee mug, stared at it, and hurled it against the wall. It shattered into a dozen pieces. We looked at him.
“Your date appears to be hysterical,” Rene told me.
“You think I should slap some man into him?”

12/04/2011
42.0% "What a kiss! :D"

Snowtulip Loved this one, seeing you read the series makes me want to read through them again ;)

Trix Snowtulip wrote: "Loved this one, seeing you read the series makes me want to read through them again ;)"

Ok, don't raise my expectations. I'd hate to be disappointed by the book :P

Can you squeeze re-reading the series when there are so many books waiting on your tbr list? :D

Snowtulip I know! I need to stop adding to that tbr pile :)

Trix Snowtulip wrote: "I know! I need to stop adding to that tbr pile :)"

LOL... There's a losing battle...

julio your point about the rakshasas was dead-on.