The Book Junkie's Reviews > Winter Prey

Winter Prey by John Sandford

Jan 06, 12

bookshelves: bound-book, mystery, thriller, own, read-2012
Read in January, 2012

I read this book not all that long ago, it was recommended to me by another of my co-workers, they read it in her book club and she REALLY liked it. I was really drawn into this book. This is the 5th book in John Sandford’s “Lucas Davenport” series….There are close to 20 books in this series now.

What I really liked about this book is that it kept you guessing. You thought you knew who “done it” but in the end you were oh so very wrong. I really enjoyed the characters as well. Lucas is one of those guys that’s “been there done that” and helps out with this case reluctantly. The “Ice Man” as the killer is called is one sick puppy, that will do just about anything to get this 1 photograph back. The preacher, did he or didn’t he? The Dr. is really the only person involved that knows who did it, unbeknownst to her. The local law enforcement…well they sound like your typical “fish out of water” when it comes to this particular case. The plot was in my opinion AWESOME….but then again this is the first book by this particular author that I have read. It was so good that I finished this 400 page book in a few short hours….Once I got started I just could not stop!

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winter Prey.