Anne's Reviews > The Summerhouse

Aug 17, 2008

liked it
bookshelves: beach-reads
Read in July, 2008

Ok - this is one of those odd books that I enjoyed but also found the story to be rather ridiculous which took some of the enjoyment away. I'll start by saying this is definitely a "chick" book. There were some definite holes in the storyline - 3 women meet while waiting at the DMV office on their 21st birthday and then 19 years later have a reunion weekend. Don't know about you but I don't think I'd look up, much less go away for a weekend with, 2 other women I had spent only a few hours with 19 years ago. Chapter 17 is when the story became totally unbelievable. They visit a fortune teller that sends each of the women back to a chosen point in her life to decide if she wants to make a different choice that might ultimately change her future.

An interesting concept since most have us have probably had a few "wonder if" moments in our lives.

An interesting beach read if you like that sort of thing. If you have any issues with romance novels or metaphysical stuff then I wouldn't recommend you read this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Summerhouse.