MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-»'s Reviews > Half-Blood

Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout

** spoiler alert ** Wow! That's the first thing that comes to mind after reading this book. I honestly don't know where to start. There were so many things about this book that made my heart race (in a good way;) I mean...first theres Alex. She is a strong, beautiful girl, who doesn't give up. I am inspired by her courage and bravery. I didn't think she could face her mom as a daimon, her enemy, but in the end she did. She got over her sorrow and figured out that this wasn't her mom and she had to kill her to do what was right!

Next is Aiden. Mmmmm....that's all I can say. He is just delicious. He reminds me of Dimitri from Vampire Academy and I just love him! He really cares for Alex, even though he knows he shouldn't, as a pure-blood. I loved the romance between him and Alex. It was hot and sexy. It left me breathless. I just hope in the end the breed law get's changed and there is some future relationship for him and Alex!

Finally, there is Seth. I really don't know what to say about him. I mean, he is hot and super strong. But, believe it or not I actually like him. I know he and Alex are bonded and fated to be with each other and he is to a certain degree content with that. But Alex doesn't feel the same way. It is sad that he wont get Alex's love but I have a sinking feel that there will be a lot of hot tension between the two! Fingers crossed, the next book will have more of Seth and Alex!

Overall, I loved this book. I just can't wait for the next book to come out. Although, I want Alex to end up with Aiden, I hope Seth also has a happy ending! So, here is to my pain filled days until the next book in the series comes out! ;)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Half-Blood.

Quotes MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» Liked

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I was gonna be super pissed in the afterlife if I died a virgin in this crap hole.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“So? What are you going to do about it? Throw your mashed potatoes at me? I'm consumed by terror.”
tags: seth

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“It was him—Aiden St. Delphi.
I’d never forget his name or face. The first time I’d caught a glimpse of him standing in front of the training arena, a ridiculous crush had sprung alive. I’d been fourteen and he seventeen. The fact he was a pure-blood hadn’t mattered whenever I’d spotted him around campus.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Jeez, how old are you?” I total y knew how old he was, but I wanted to pick.

Aiden cracked his neck. “I turn twenty-one in October.”
“Huh.” I shook the bottle. “So have you always been so…
mature?”
His brows furrowed. “Mature?”
“Yeah, you sound like a dad.” I deepened my voice and tried to look stern. “‘Don’t look at me that way’ or else.”
Aiden blinked slowly. “I don’t sound like that and I didn’t say ‘or else.’”
“But if you had, what would the ‘or else’ be?” I hid my grin with the bottle.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Okay. I’m ready to move onto something else, like practicing with knives or defense against the dark arts. Cool things.”
“Did you just quote Harry Potter?”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Seth glanced back over his shoulder at the door. “Alex, you’re starting to worry me. Insult me… or something.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“ALEX: “How come you smile when you knock me down?”

AIDEN: “It’s the little things that make me happy.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You better have had a baby, killed someone, or slept with a pure. Those are your three options. Anything less is unsuitable.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You need to know about love. The things people will do for love. All truths come down to love, do they not? One way or another, they do. See, there is a difference between love and need. Sometimes, what you feel is immediate and without rhyme or reason.” She sat up a little straighter. “Two people see each across a room or their skin brushes. Their souls recognize the person as their own. It doesn’t need time to figure it. The soul always knows… whether it’s right or wrong.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Then I should be relieved to know what I was told an hour ago is false. It wasn't you who yanked a girl--by her hair--out of chair in the common lounge area.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Hey,” I reached out and tapped the hand that rested next to my left leg. “you are--”
The hand that I tapped reached up and clasped mine. I froze as he threaded his finders through mine. “I’m what?”
Beautiful. Kind. Patient. Perfect. I said none of those things. Instead, I stared at his fingers, wondering if he knew he was holding my hand. “You’re always so….”
His thumb moved over the top of my hand. The balm made his fingers cool and smooth. “What?”
I looked up, and I was immediately snared. His stare, his soft touch along my hand was doing very strange things. I felt hot and dizzy, like I’d been out in the sun all day. All I could think about was how his hand felt on mine. Then, what his hand would feel like on other parts. I shouldn’t be thinking that at all.
Aiden was a pure.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“People do the damndest things when they’re in love.”
tags: love

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Need covers itself with love, but need… need is never love. Always beware of the one who needs you. There is always a want behind a need, you see.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“It’s just words and words mean nothing. Only action does.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Are you lost, Lea? This isn't where they're handing out the free pregnancy tests.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Did you think he was just some lazy pure-blood who needed protection?” His voice dripped sarcasm.
“Well he looks like one! How was I supposed to know he was secretly Rambo in Dockers?”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“It was just a hug, but gods, it meant so much. It meant everything.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Without thinking, I moved again, reaching out and touching the hand
resting near my thigh. Call it an experiment, but I wanted to see what would happen

Seth’s head whipped in my direction.

“What are you doing?”

“Nothing.” And nothing was what happened. Confused, I wrapped my fingers around his.

“Doesn’t look like nothing,” His eyes narrowed on me.

“I guess so.” Giving up on my impromptu test, I lifted my hand. “Shouldn’t you be—” Whatever I was about to say died on my lips. Incredibly fast, Seth grabbed my hand and threaded his fingers through mine.

“Is this what you wanted?” he asked, ever so casually.

It happened. Being so close to him this time, I could see where the markings came from. The thick veins in his hand
were the first to darken, branching out before spreading up his arm. Mesmerized, I watched the inky tats cover every piece of exposed skin. Before my eyes, they shifted away from his veins, swirling around his skin. Breaking off into different designs as he—we—continued to hold hands.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“There’s nothing like a bunch of catty teenagers who could either kick your ass halfway across the country or set you on fire with a mere thought. That alone changed who people picked fights with or became friends with. And at the end of the day, it was always good to have a firestarter in your back pocket.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Two people see each other across a room or their skin brushes. Their souls recognize the person as their own. It doesn’t need time to figure it. The soul always knows… whether it’s right or wrong.”
tags: love

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Everything could come to a crashing end for us if we were caught, but it didn’t matter. Right now, being with him seemed worth whatever consequence could come from it. This was right, like it was meant to be. There was no logical explanation for it.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“No. I do believe in them. I just think they’re absentee landlords. Right now, they’re probably hanging out somewhere in Las Vegas, screwing showgirls and cheating at poker.”
tags: alex

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“What can I say? I cleaned up nicely”

12/25/2011 page 188
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Annie Brewer Glad you liked it!!! I love Aiden....he does remind me of Dimitri too! He and Alex belong together! I just don't care for Seth that much!!

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» LOL!!! The feeling is mutual! But you have to admit Seth is hilarious! I can't wait until Pure, I pre-ordered but still I am so jumpy, it funny! ;p