Heather's Reviews > A Darkling Plain

A Darkling Plain by Philip Reeve

Jan 08, 12

bookshelves: 2012, multicultural-titles, young-adult-books-i-would-recommend
Read from January 07 to 08, 2012

The first two books were Tom's and Hester's story, and the third book was Wren's story, but this book is just about everyone's story. We've got storylines for Wren, Theo, Hester, Tom, Oenone, Grike, the Stalker Fang, Nimrod Pennyroyal, a handful of minor characters from previous books and a handful of new characters! And all of them seem to be well-done. I'm very impressed. Occasionally the pacing wasn't thoroughly awesome, but the story was still brilliant. I was glad that Hester was remarkably more sane in this episode, although her end proves that she was still a rather damaged creature. (Still, I didn't expect her to go crazy every other chapter, which was very refreshing.) I particularly liked the storylines involving the Stalkers (Grike and Fang) and the ways they were changing and adapting, as I thought those were particularly well-done. I will now have to go read Web of Air and probably reread Fever Crumb now that I understand and appreciate the world that Philip Reeve created.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Darkling Plain.