L-D's Reviews > Tangle Of Need

Tangle Of Need by Nalini Singh

Dec 02, 2011

bookshelves: overpriced, shifters-weres, pnr, paranormal-abilities-superpowers, enemies-to-lovers, series
Read in September, 2012

It took me a long time to get around to reading this book because it was overpriced at $12.99 for an eBook. I think that's highway robbery so I waited until I was able to borrow it. I did really enjoy this book but I think publishers are going about this all wrong. If they charged a reasonable $7.99 for a book, more people would buy them and review them and if the book is good, they would sell even more by word of mouth. Okay, enough of that. To be fair to Nalini Singh who is a great author, let me review this book objectively. I loved it. It was another great addition to her Psy-Changeling series.

At first I did not like Adria. She was cold and treated Riaz rudely for no reason. I didn't feel that her history justified her actions. She wasn't abused or traumatized in the past, she just made an error in judgment in a previous relationship. Okay that has happened to 99% of society. Tough luck. Get over it. I never understood why she was so afraid to try again. Riaz on the other hand - wow. His story is heartbreaking. I didn't know how this story would end or how there was any possibility for an HEA but I was so happy with the final outcome. I enjoy how every book in this story contributes to the overall arch of the series. None of these books are standalone books and each one is critical to learning the fate of the Psy/Changeling/Human societies. Another great book in this series. I can't wait for the next one and hope I don't have to wait an extra year to read it because of the price.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tangle Of Need.