Rosa's Reviews > Everybody Sees the Ants

1913711
Dec 02, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, young-adult
Read from November 26 to December 02, 2011

Lucky is having a rough time to say the least. Nader McMillan has treated Lucky as one of his personal punching bags since he was 7 years old. He's stuck seeing the school psychologist once a month b/c of a social studies project taken the wrong way and his parents are no help. They just want to pretend that nothing is happening. His grandfather went missing in Vietnam and his father has never recovered. In Lucky's dreams he visits his grandfather every night, trying to rescue him from the jungles of Vietnam. And then there are the ants, Lucky's personal peanut gallery, judging his every action.

I loved watching Lucky grow and change. I liked how he thought things out, realized people had it worse then him, realized that he had to he the one to change his own life and that even though he had it pretty bad he could find a way to rise above it. I loved all of the quirky characters in the book too, Ginnie and Aunt Jodi were particular favorites.

So far I've loved every book I've read by A.S. King, and I can't wait to see what she will do next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everybody Sees the Ants.