Dionisia's Reviews > (S)MYTHOLOGY

(S)MYTHOLOGY by Jeremy Tarr

Aug 16, 12

bookshelves: fantasy, fiction, fairy-tales, goodreads-author, north-america, europe, coming-of-age, library-books, love-stories
Read from December 02, 2011 to August 16, 2012, read count: 1

"Hello there....

In an attempt to provide you with reading enjoyment and/or amusement, we've begun a weekly serialization of the entirety of the novel, (S)mythology, complete with author's annotations."

And, so began my acquaintance with (S)MYTHOLOGY. It wasn't exactly a chapter a week, more like a chapter whenever they remembered to send it. I eagerly awaited the arrival of the first seven or so chapters to my inbox before I lost all patience and requested a copy of the book from my local library.

I almost feel guilty only rating this book 2-stars. I really liked the addition of Katy Smail's illustrations. It gave the book that little extra special something. The story didn't leave much of an impression though. I wanted to like it much more than I really did. Once I got the book in hand, I realized that what I loved the most about receiving those initial emails wasn't the story but the author's annotations. Those few lines of footnotes included with each chapter out-shined Sophie's story. Or maybe it just helped me to enjoy her journey a little better.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read (S)MYTHOLOGY.

01/27/2012
1.0% "I hope the next installment of The Serialized (S)mythology comes out soon! I've just reread the first 5 chapters in anticipation."
01/27/2012
1.0% "I hope the next installment of The Serialized (S)mythology is coming out soon! I just reread the first 5 chapters of the book in anticipation."
01/30/2012 page 30
9.0% "Yay, chapter 6! It's so nice to get to read each chapter with the author's annotations."
02/05/2012 page 35
11.0% "Chapter 7: Lasting Memories...very sweet."
03/03/2012 page 40
13.0% "Received another installment of (S)mythology in my inbox. Reading a serialization of the novel is a lot tougher than I imagined it would be."
03/12/2012 page 55
17.0% "Fun word from the author's annotations: gurbumbled."
03/27/2012 page 70
22.0% "Juliet's Poison, Boots, and Alice in Wonderland. Chapter 11 has arrived!"
08/06/2012 page 70
22.0% "I think they've forgotten about me. I haven't received any new chapters since March! Off to the library I go..."
08/13/2012 page 177
55.0% "I started from the beginning since it's been awhile. Should finish up this week."
08/16/2012 page 320
100.0% "...and she lived happily ever after."

message 1: by scherzo♫ (new)

scherzo♫ Too bad ... great title