Crystal ♥ RBtWBC's Reviews > Lord of the Wolfyn

Lord of the Wolfyn by Jessica Andersen

Dec 02, 2011

bookshelves: request-netgalley, best-of-2011
Read from December 02 to 08, 2011

Lord of the Wolfyn is my favorite of the Royal House of Shadows series so far; with four great authors working on this series Jessica Andersen was the only one that I was unfamiliar with but I will defiantly be looking up more of her works now!

Fantastic as a stand-alone, Lord of the Wolfyn follows Dayn – a prince of a magical realm that was taken over by an evil sorcerer. When the King and Queen lay dying they summoned enough magic to perform one last spell to transport their four children to safety but also instilling an undeniable need for vengeance. When the spell took place, Prince Dayn was on the hunt when he was transported to the wolfyn realm by the king and told only that one day a woman would come to guide him back home. When that woman finally arrives Dayn is unprepared for a human with no idea how to guide him anywhere, but with only four days to do it he is not going to waste time.
Reda Weston is well versed in fairy tales, especially when it comes to the big bad wolf, but she never expected to be tossed head first into one! Coping with the grief and guilt from the death of her partner, Reda is investigating an old childhood storybook when she is thrown into the magical dimension of Wolfyn. Coming face-to-face with the virile woodsman is a surprise but when he expects her to lead him to his kingdom and help him save it from the evil blood sorcerer Reda knows she is way out of her realm. Will Reda be able to cope with this sexy vampire in time to save him and his kingdom or will she run home to grandma when his dangerous secret is revealed?

Sexy, fast paced and intriguing, Lord of the Wolfyn was a great read start to finish. The story was well developed, keeping the reader glued to the pages by revealing little bits and pieces at a time. The romance and relationship between Reda and Dayn grew quickly but with a countdown of only four days time it wasn’t unexpected, however this in no way made anything feel ‘left out’ or ‘missing’ and was seriously HOT. Reda was a strong heroine that I enjoyed reading about. Dayn was very romantic, much more so then his siblings so far, and made my heart go pitter-patter. J The beginning of the story was somewhat confusing with the timeline and the vortexes but as it continued I everything made sense.
Lord of the Wolfyn was an easier read then the first two in the series, Lord of the Vampires and Lord of Rage, and the timeline wasn’t as screwy either. I think that if this book was placed as the first or second in the series then The Royal House of Shdaows' story arc would have been more understandable and received a more positive response from readers.
Lord of the Wolfyn is great read that I recommend, whether you’ve read the other novels in this series or not. A sexy shape-shifter vampire and human cop thrown into a magical realm full of baddies, fun times all around!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord of the Wolfyn.