Lisa's Reviews > Birds of Prey, Vol. 5: Between Dark and Dawn

Birds of Prey, Vol. 5 by Gail Simone

Dec 02, 11

Read in August, 2006

This is the fifth collection of the Birds of Prey comic. It is the third one written by Gail Simone. I've loved the two collections before this one, but this one seemed a little off to me.[return][return]For one thing, the action seemed rushed. In the last two books, the relationships between the characters developed slowly. The action was well thought out and really hooked me in. In this book, a new character, Vixen, is introduced... but I never really felt like I got to know who she was. She was just there, and then gone. Disappointing after the nice story lines with Lady Shiva and Cheshire in the last book, Sensei and Student.[return][return]Things just happened too fast and left me with too many questions. Who the hell is Brainiac? and Is Vixen just crazy? and Wait... What happened to the clock tower... and now they're going to fly around in a plane?![return][return]I'm still going to read the comic, though. The next collection comes out in a couple of weeks. I like the story of Lady Blackhawk.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Birds of Prey, Vol. 5.