jenn's Reviews > Book Lust: Recommended Reading for Every Mood, Moment, and Reason

Book Lust by Nancy Pearl

Dec 02, 2011

bookshelves: 2011
Read in December, 2011

A good read for thinking about next year's reading list. Also very quick - about 65% of the book are titles and descriptions organized into categories of interest, and the rest is a handy title/author index.

A couple of small issues:
1. The categories could get a little cutesy with names. For example, I already forget the name of the baseball category - something like "Star Sluggers," even though it wasn't just about batting - but it came right after the "sports" category, and categories are listed alphabetically. So if I want to revisit the listing for books about baseball, I have to go to the table of contents and look through all "S" titles to figure out which one might be about baseball.
2. Speaking of baseball v. sports, the categories could get redundant. There were, like, three categories about spy novels, including "Cold War Spies." Which is fine, but when you get to the "Spy" category, most of what's listed also appeared in the Cold War section.

These weren't enough to turn me off the book, but they make me wonder how much success I'll have trying to find titles if I'm not reading the whole thing cover to cover again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Book Lust.