Angela Levin's Reviews > Love in the Time of Cholera

Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcí­a Márquez

F_50x66
Jun 14, 08

Read in June, 2008

It's difficult for me to review this book on one level because the writing style annoyed me so much; I am not a patient reader and the flowery language and ultra-long descriptions were irritating. However, I did get something out of reading it, though it isn't necessarily what Marquez intended. I didn't find it to be a love story at all really, but rather a very insightful critique of the changing perspectives a person goes through during life and an excellent review of getting old and realizing your mortality.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love in the Time of Cholera.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fran (new)

Fran Durbin The movie is in my netflix queue. Sounds like watching the movie in this case might be a more efficient and less annoying way of getting the author's message.

message 2: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Robb Amy recommended it and I tried (some years ago) to read it, but gave up, as I recall because I felt like I was wading (slogging) through all the words. I'm impressed that you persevered, Angela. I'm with Fran, I'll add it to my Netflix queue.