Thomas's Reviews > Tuesdays with Morrie

May 07, 2014

liked it
bookshelves: nonfiction
Read from May 03 to 06, 2014

More like a 3.5. A quick, touching read about a middle-aged man reconnecting with his old college professor, Morrie Schwartz. I did not find any of Schwartz's words of wisdom original, but I felt that he raised insights that we often forget about in an eloquent and honest way. While some may lampoon Tuesdays with Morrie for its lack of depth - especially because of all the hype surrounding it - I'm glad that some people, including one of my best friends, finds inspiration and meaning in it. After all, isn't that what books are for?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tuesdays with Morrie.

Michał But does insight really have to be new and/or original in order to be meaningful? I really loved Tuesdays with Morrie. Everyone knows life is short and to live life to the fullest but not a lot of people can do that while terminally ill. And it's always a good life lesson to be reminded of.

Thomas I agree, Morrie Schwartz is such an inspiring individual and I'm glad that through this book we are able to preserve and remember his words. Glad that you got a lot out of this book!