Evelyn Amaro's Reviews > Kiss Me Deadly

Kiss Me Deadly by Michele Hauf

Dec 02, 2011

liked it

What happens when a witch vampire killer who stalks and kills her prey, and a Phoenix Vampire who survived her attack, are the victims of a love potion? I'll tell you - A fun, action-packed, sexually-charged thrill ride of a book!

Ravin is a witch on a mission to get rid of every vampire in existence, even at the cost of her soul. Lending her soul to Himself, aka the devil, has helped heighten her powers so that she has the chance at accomplishing her goal. All she has to do is do three favors for Himself and her soul will be hers once more. To Ravin, that is a small price to pay. Her life is centered around killing vampire, that is, until she falls in love with one.

Nicholas Drake was once a respectable doctor and now he's a respectable leader of a vampire tribe. That all changes when Ravin attempts to murder him and his fellow members. He is nearly on death's door, but manages to survive contact with the witches blood which should mean instant death to a vampire. This makes him stronger, faster..it makes him a Phoenix. His mission now is to make the witch that did this to him pay. What he doesn't expect is to be the victim of a love spell. After spilling the witches potion, he falls instantly in love with Ravin.

Now the two must choose to battle their desires or throw caution to the wind and embrace this new found love. Problem is, what happens when the spell wears off? Will Nicholas still be in love with Ravin or will she lose the man she has grown to love? What will happen when his tribe members find out? Will their love mean the end of them both?

This book is full of action, danger, and romance. It started off a little slow and was a bit flawed but mid-way through, it truly came together and I could not peel myself away! Mind you, it took about 50 pages for this to happen, but happen it did.

Still, I cannot wait to read part two: The Devil To Pay!The premise of the book is what saved it, and the ending left me eager to find out what happens.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss Me Deadly.