Erin Forson's Reviews > Payback Time

Payback Time by Carl Deuker

Dec 05, 11

Payback Time
by Carl Dueker
Mitch True has just been assigned a gig as the sports reporter for his school newspaper; this is a job that every reporter longs for, right? I mean if you have to write for the paper, why not write about something really fun and entertaining like sports? At the very least you would attend all the games free! Mitch, however, is majorly bummed. He was hoping to write gritty articles about crooked politics and abused animals, or whatever...something that would get him noticed in the Seattle Times, the major newspaper for the city. What he didn't expect is that he would uncover a mystery right under the noses of the coaches and the school administrators that could land him on the news radar and lead him on the road to fame. A new player, Angel Marichal, looks older than he should be and has a killer game. Why doesn't coach put him in as first string? Why doesn't Angel have any friends? Why isn't there any trace of Angel in Houston where he came from? And lastly, why does Angel threaten Mitch? Another touchdown by Carl Deuker, this book had me flipping pages like short order cook--I had to know who Angel was--and I had to know if Mitch himself would become the athlete he always wanted to be.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Payback Time.