Nicola Mansfield's Reviews > The X'ed-out X-ray

The X'ed-out X-ray by Ron Roy

Dec 02, 11

Read in November, 2011

Reason for Reading: As every year, I am participating in the AtoZ Challenge. For the first time, this year I only have the X's left and I will have completed it so I decided to actively search out books. My niece did a little research and came up with this title for me. I had heard of the series before.

The kids, age unspecified, have tickets to go see a famous singer who is coming to town with the nickname "Penguin". One of their Dad's takes them to the outdoor concert but while there during intermission Dink injures his arm. While this is going on the singer's special diamond penguin necklace is stolen. The kids get involved in the mystery and think they know who may be behind the robbery.

Going into this book blind, not knowing whether the series has positive reviews or not I didn't know what to expect. So I was pleasantly surprised to find myself with a fun little mystery that I thoroughly enjoyed for this early reading level. Well told, interesting, with several possible suspects it should keep young mystery fans entertained. I found myself quickly reading the book in one sitting and deciding to get the first book in the series for my son since it is on target for reading level for him. He is a reluctant reader and this series may just catch his fancy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The X'ed-out X-ray.