Romancing the Book's Reviews > Because of You

bookshelves: historical, romance
Read in November, 2011

Reviewed By- Jen
Review Copy Provided By- Joan Schulhafer Publisher and Media Consulting
Considering I'm a huge historical romance fan, I found it very interesting that I've never read a Cathy Maxwell novel. Shocking, I know! So, when I was asked to review this re-release of Because of You, I was quite happy to accept.

So, what we have in this novel is the classic nobleman seemingly compromising a lady and having to enter a marriage of convenience. What made this story for me was the characters. I really enjoyed getting to know Yale and Samantha. Yale grew up as a son of a duke, but after being disinherited, he traveled the world and basically grew up. Samantha is a vicar's daughter and the person everyone in her small village turns to in their time of need. The sparks between Yale and Samantha jump off the page. And of course, they have to overcome numerous obstacles on their way to happily ever after. Add in a wide variety of supporting characters and you're in for a real treat.

I am glad I chose to read this book and I can honestly say this won't be my last Cathy Maxwell book.

3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Because of You.

message 1: by LLCSpokane (new)

LLCSpokane I haven't been reading historicaks lately but I really like cathy Maxwell. I think I've read almost all of her books and have enjoyed them all.