Romancing the Book's Reviews > The Soldier

bookshelves: historical, romance
Read in November, 2011

Reviewed By Desere
Review Copy Provided By-Author
When it comes to Historical Romance books I read, I tend to go for the authors that I are my favorites and trying a new authors is something I need to talk my mind into. But after reading The Heir by Grace Burrows there is for me no turning back I would pick up a copy of any of her books in a heartbeat.

That is why even before reading her second book The Soldier I already knew I would not be disappointed and I was so right! In The Soldier we meet a man who is torn by the fact that his estate is falling apart from neglect but worse his life is in a downward spiral because of his nightmares stemming from war. In real life I myself deal with soldiers who suffer the same fate and often I have seen that the love of a good woman can guide the soldier home in more ways then one and help them overcome their situation.

In this book, Grace Burrowes takes you through the trials and tribulations of two people who need each other just as much as the next couple would, but even more so due to the secrets that each one of them hides from the world outside. That is why reading and seeing the relationship evolve between Devlin and Emmie is just so much fun and such a entertaining read!

In The Soldier you step into a world of passion, intrigue, secrets and pure undulated romance with a kick! True strength of love shines through and with Grace 's delicious, sensual style of writing in this powerful story it only means one thing to me, I want more and I cannot wait for the next work of art to fall from Grace!

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Soldier.