Nicolo Yu's Reviews > Ender In Exile

Ender In Exile by Orson Scott Card

Dec 02, 11

bookshelves: collected-comics
Read on November 18, 2011 — I own a copy

I’ve heard how much Orson Scott Card’s Ender’s Game is a science fiction classic, but I haven’t read it yet. My introduction to Orson Scott Card came through a graphic novel I found in one of my bargain book hunts. Originally published by Marvel Comics as a five issue miniseries, this book collects those issues in hardcover.

Set after the events of the first Ender novel, this was touted as a direct sequel to Ender’s Game. It was a great way to know Ender Wiggin. Here, he was already a battle scarred veteran, who has seen too much death, as he was instrumental in the genocide of an entire race. Though it was in wartime and done in defense of the human race, he was bothered by the guild of being directly responsible for the termination of a billion beings.

He seems like an interesting character. His young age belies his battle experience and keen strategic and political mind. In this volume, he defuses a mutiny, governs a planetary colony and shepherds it into independence from Earth. I have two options on reading further on this character, the original novels or the two graphic novels that preceded this.

I may also read further Card’s other comic book work for Marvel. He has two volumes of Ultimate Iron Man credited. I will definitely be on the lookout for those and his other Ender work.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ender In Exile.