Diane ~Firefly~'s Reviews > Kiss of Frost

Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep

Jan 15, 12

bookshelves: ya, deity-angel, paranormal, uf, kindle
Read on January 15, 2012 — I own a copy

It is the start of Gwen's second year at the academy and now she has a couple friends but unfortunately the Reapers of Chaos are after her so she needs to train up on weapons and battle strategy quickly.

What I enjoyed:
* The world. I like the idea of children of warriors of all different mythologies coming together in a school to learn.
* Gwen. She is coming out of her shell and learning new aspects to her power. (view spoiler)
* Logan. He is always there when she needs him. Although he needs to stop dating other people and just deal with his feelings for her.

What could have been better:
* The bad guy was fairly obvious. (view spoiler)
* Gwen was being stupidly stubborn (which is probably normal for a 17 year old) in wanting to take it all on herself just because she thinks her classmates (who'd been training since they could walk) would.
* I want the recipe for the chocolate-strawberry cookies Gwen's grandmother made. They sounded delicious.

** FYI, there are many references to sexual activities taking place (although nothing more than kissing is shown) as well as under-age drinking. This doesn't bother me, but since it is a YA book, may be a concern for others.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of Frost.