Michael's Reviews > The Master and Margarita

The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov

Feb 10, 09

bookshelves: slipstream
Read in February, 2009

I would be hard-pressed to explain exactly what happened in the book, but it was certainly the most entertaining "classic" I've read in forever. Giant talking cats! Flying witches! Beheadings! Gunplay! Russian satire! It's all here.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Master and Margarita.

message 1: by Lara (new) - added it

Lara Another one I mean to read...

Michael Can I just say that I miss this site?? My employer isn't blocking it right now for god-knows-why. By the weekend I should be back for good (with Macbook in hand) !

message 3: by Lara (new) - added it

Lara Michael wrote: "Can I just say that I miss this site?? My employer isn't blocking it right now for god-knows-why. By the weekend I should be back for good (with Macbook in hand) !"

It's my favorite place online. When I can't see my books at home, I can look at my virtual shelves!

Bettie☯ hello there - yes! GR is home from home

:O)

Nancy It's been a while since I read this and now can't remember exactly what I liked about it. It was a fun and very unconventional fantasy. Nothing about it made me feel I was reading a "classic". Which translation did you read?

David The Master and Margarita is Faust on acid.

Michael And I didn't know any of that until now. Very interesting to say the least.