Isamlq's Reviews > Slide

Slide by Jill Hathaway

Dec 03, 11

Read from December 01 to 02, 2011

hmm..my usual complaints of predictability, of having unnecessary elements and of telling rather than showing apply to slide.

vee slides into others consciousness... intriguing at first but not as properly executed as i would have liked. the girl simply had a tendency to jump to conclusions; to be led around too easily, quickly. given a set of facts, she always went to the obvious. which is sadly, unbelievable because looking at the whole thing, i could tell who the real culprit was chapters before the end.

i say unnecessary: a number of things: from her father's heartache of not quite living up to his own standards of perfection. to zane's falling for her. or to her sudden ability to not just slide into another but (view spoiler) while i saw no purpose in the last two, the first bit did make a little sense as it set up everything else that did take place... i just didn't buy any of it.

the one thing i did buy was vee's relationship with sophie. if at first there's resentment, events allow for no other outcome but for vee to become protective. that change was understandable and something i could relate to. their relationship was not an easy one... and that was fine with me.

to reiterate, it's an intriguing concept, but it's just not that well executed. from the love interest to the too easily placed blame to the real culprit behind it all... too many elements that did not quite pull together in the end.

thanks netgalley
2/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slide.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Nomes oi! can't wait to see what you think of this one. so far i dont know anyone else (besides me) who has read it

Aleeeeeza dudddde, how'd you get accepted for this one? i thought it was for aussie's only!

message 3: by Trinity (new) - added it

Trinity I keep requesting and it keeps saying Aussies only and I'm all but I AM AN AUSSIE. Oh well.

Nomes Trinity ~ you have to put on your netgalley profile that are an Aussie, or else they wont know. And maybe they need other stats too?

Isamlq Aleeza wrote: "dudddde, how'd you get accepted for this one? i thought it was for aussie's only!"

i was surprised too :)

message 6: by Trinity (new) - added it

Trinity I did put it on but oh well

Robot Do you mean Mattie?