Angelica's Reviews > Die Ahnen von Avalon

Die Ahnen von Avalon by Diana L. Paxson

Mar 11, 2014

bookshelves: serieseseseses, fantasy, re-read, in-german
Read in December, 2011 , read count: 2

I remember reading this book a couple of years ago and not really liking it. I think I compared it to the "original" Avalon books (by this I mean Mists, Fall of Atlantis and The Forest House, which, at that point were the only ones I had read) too much to really like it on its own merit. You can very much tell it's by another author and I think I held that against it.

This time around, I really liked it. It was a little slow to pick up at first and I found myself wanting the Micail chapters to end soon quite often, but it's a good read. However, I don't think it stands well on its own so it's not a book you can just pick up. You have to have read at least The Fall of Atlantis, otherwise I think you'd find yourself quite lost.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Die Ahnen von Avalon.

12/01/2011 page 38
6.0% "I still can't get over the HUGE print in this book. If it had normal sized print, it would have 300 or so pages."
12/03/2011 page 112
19.0% ""Tiriki war am Ertrinken." Das Buch ist voll von solchen Sätzen. Übersetzung = grauenhaft."
show 6 hidden updates…