Susan's Reviews > Nate Rocks the World

Dec 12, 2011

Recommended to Susan by: lovez2read@comcast.net
Read in November, 2011

My Review:
When I saw the cover for Nate Rocks the World, I was immediately interested. As the mom of a 10 year old son who is reluctant to read, I am always on the lookout for books that will draw his interest. His preferences tend to run to books like Diary of a Wimpy Kid or Captain Underpants. I have purchased numerous books from the stores and through books clubs that I felt would interested a boy his age, only to see them remain on his bookshelves unless cooerced (or bribed) to read them. So when the opportunity came my way to review for author, Karen Pokras Toz, I was excited. To finally find a book that was geared toward my son's reading level and (hopefully) his interest level!

As I read this book, I found some interesting similarities between the main character, Nate Rockledge, and my son. Both boys are 10 years old, in fourth grade, have sisters (though mine is the oldest and does not have an older sister), love drawing comics and using his imagination! What a find! As the story progressed, I myself was entertained by Nate's mind, and his way of dealing with difficulties that most fourth graders deal with. I loved this book from start to finish! My son has just began reading it, and promised to let me know what he thinks so I can post "his review" on Dec 12th during the Nate Rocks the World book tour! I'm hopeful that I'll get more than "it's ok" from him.

Nate Rocks the World is a great book for any boy (or girl) in the 7 to 14 age range, in my opinion. I look forward to reading more by Karen Pokras Toz!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*added 12/12/11 ~
Review by Josh age 10:
I think Nate Rocks the World is one of the best books I've ever read. I like how he draws comics like I do. My favorite part of the book is when he captured the robbers. You should read Nate Rocks the World. It is a great book for any kid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Disclosure: I received a free copy of this book in hopes that I would post a review on my blog. See My Policy & Disclosure for more info (http://lovez2read.blogspot.com)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nate Rocks the World.