Jessica (Taking It One Book at a Time)'s Reviews > Cold Blood

4691966
Dec 06, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read from December 01 to 04, 2011

First Thought: Hotties, combat & HUGE twists!

Ever since I finished up Dirty Blood I have been waiting, not so patiently, for Cold Blood to finish up edits so I could get my grubby little mitts on it. So FINALLY when Heather sent the ARC copies out I ran around the house & did the happy dance.

( / ) ( | ) ( \ ) <--------- that's the happy dance!

So after I caught my breath, I fired my Kindle up & began devouring Cold Blood.

The book jumps off right where Dirty Blood left off, with Tara being sent to Wood Point, her mom still being completely close minded and her grandma trying to play peace maker. With Tara starting a new school it's always hard, but damn, this poor girl went through hell. People whispering and pointing is one thing, but flat out hating you because of your DNA is another. Oh, then there's Victoria, queen Breezy herself! I wanted to just jump in the book, punch her in the face and be over with it. Some people just need a good punch in the face, ya know?
Anyways, along with the teasing Tara is being personally trained by a senior Hunter named Alex (SWOON), who holds the same grudge as the rest of the school. Their chemistry as sparring partners is FANTASTIC! Hatred can start all kinds of fires....and I mean all kinds.

So basically life sucks for Tara. Wes is unreachable, everyone hates her, plus for whatever reason they all think she has it good...Enter Cambria & Logan!
2 of the best friends that I've ever met in a book. Each bringing their own perfect balance to the friendship and making Tara finally feel at home.

OHHH, Miles, god how could I forget about that creeper!
Talk about delusional, crack-pot, with a WILD imagination. Throughout the book Miles definitely is able to mess with the decisions that Tara makes and how she approaches things, which creates some amazing twists and surprises! His influence and "foot print" is felt all over the book.

I love how the plot flowed, the love triangles flourished and all the characters developed. Cold Blood is one of those books that truly showed how complex feelings can get on paper. It's not black & white, but 20 different shades of grey in between. Following your heart is one thing, but fighting destiny is a whole other ball game.

5/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cold Blood.

12/01/2011
12/02/2011
11.0% "I just wanna give Tara a hug :("
12/03/2011
52.0% "Alex - "It's more than a job" ~swoon"
12/04/2011
74.0% "Alex & Wes....Wes & Alex...now f-ing Cord??"
12/04/2011
89.0% "Holy hostage situation!"
12/04/2011
100.0% "Amazing, UH-MAZE-ING, book!!"
show 3 hidden updates…