Kimberly Hicks's Reviews > Dear Cary: My Life with Cary Grant

bookshelves: read-on-kindle
Recommended to Kimberly by: Goodreads
Recommended for: Everyone
Read from June 11 to 16, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Of course, I wasn't around during the Cary Grant era, but I am familiar with his movies. I always liked Dyan Cannon and thought how cute she always was, and it never occurred to me, or rather, I never knew she was once married to the "heart throb" Cary Grant.

Ms. Cannon did an outstanding job outlining her life with Mr. Grant, and from reading her words, I know it must have been difficult to dredge up old feelings, but then again, it must have been therapeutic as well. I learned a great deal about Cary--the actor, and about Cary the man. It's because of books like this why I so enjoy memoirs.

We often put people up on pedestals based on characterizations we see up on the silverscreen or TV, and the fact is, we're so much more than that, as Dyan, herself, found out being married to one of Hollywood's most powerful and influential actors of all time. I don't want to spoil the read by spilling all the "dirt" so to speak, but actually what I came away with was a dose of truth serum that helped Dyan become more insightful to self.

This was a great read, and one I'm sure you'll enjoy. It tells just what the reader needs to know as you journey through the romance of Cary and Dyan. I'm so thankful Dyan found peace at last.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dear Cary.