Hollyevans's Reviews > The War of the Worlds

The War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells

U_50x66
Dec 01, 11

War of the Worlds was a wonderful book. It's a little hard to get into but once you do you will enjoy it. H.G. Wells is an amazing author. He writes in great detail and you get clear images of what hes talking about. This book may be fiction but while your reading it comes to life. You wont want to put it down because it keeps your interst very easily.
There are many themes in this book but one that I got is the inability for humans to cope with a machine greater than them. We never expect something to be watching us but when it attacks us and knows our weaknesses we go crazy. This book portrays that. If this were to really happen I think a lot of things would change in the world and humans wouldn't be so cocky. :D I enjoyed reading this book because it not only keeps you interested but it's fun to think as if it really happened. H.G. Wells does a great job at keeping the intensity steady throughout the book.
[image error]

If you are looking for a fun and enjoyable book to read I would tell you to read this one because the book is well written and it is not hard to understand. While your reading this it makes you feel like your really there. It's written as if a man had really witnessed this and then was telling you what happened. While reading this its as if you are jumping into the book and becoming part of the action. All I can say is read this book yourself and decide what you think. I would not miss out on a great adventure though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The War of the Worlds.