Emily Crall's Reviews > The Search

The Search by Nora Roberts

Dec 01, 11

bookshelves: contemporary-fiction
Read in November, 2011

This book was a fast read for me. The storyline was a little expected, but with a few surprising twists. The suspence of it was ultimately what kept me going.

Fiona is a dog trainer and search and rescue volunteer. She had been stun-gunned at 21 by a serial killer, but managed to escape just before he killed her. The serial killer is now in jail, but 8 years later, killings are occurring again with the same "fingerprint" of his killings. Copycats.

From jail, the serial killer has trained someone else to carry out his one and only mission: to finish the job and kill Fiona.

While the ending turned out as I expected, the last few chapters definitely climaxed with a few unexpected turns that had me itching to turn the page.

A good read, but not a book I would read twice. It also made me want to own a dog (Fiona has three certified search and rescue dogs) and I made a mental note that if I ever get a dog, I should read parts of the book again for training tips because there were some good ones.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Search.