Sara ♥'s Reviews > Sense and Sensibility

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen

Feb 15, 09

bookshelves: audiobook, challenge-winter-2008, 2009, film, historical, general-fiction, romance
Read in February, 2009, read count: 1

4.5 stars! I just finished. It was really cute. I'm kinda sad that it didn't have that whole Elinor-bursting-into-hysterics scene in it. Well, she did, but not with Edward sitting right there. Jane Austen has this way of skipping over the happy parts... But then there were extra scenes, too. Like Willoughby comes to the Palmer's house while Marianne is sick? Holy cow! I was soooo surprised!

It was SO SO SO SO CUTE! I loved it!
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sense and Sensibility.

02/08/2009 page 1
8.33% "Nearing the end of disc 1. It's pretty close to the movie so far..."
02/10/2009 page 3
25.0% "I'm almost done with disc 3. Willoughby is already gone, and there's still 70% of the book left... I wonder if that's the same in the movie?"

Denisa Dellinger Are you describing the Emma Thompson film version? I saw it before I read the book and I usually do the opposite. I was so shocked at the scene you described when willoughby came to the Palmer house to see a "dying" Marianne. My mouth dropped and I was in thrawls until I read the next chapter. The movie left out whole characters. But I loved the movie for itself, unlike some of the most recent ones I have seen on masterpiece theater I have the unabridged audio version and listen to it a couple of times a year, I love it. I think I would come close to being a Marianne rather than an Elinor. I get emotional and fall hard. It's a brittish thing. Keep cool and collected and do not let our your feelings or much less emotions because you could commit social suicide. Very stiff upper lip, these brits.