Jennifer's Reviews > Existence

Existence by Abbi Glines

Feb 01, 2012

liked it
Read from January 30 to February 01, 2012

I'm sorry to say I didn't enjoy this one much. Pagan can see souls so when she sees Dank hanging around, she just assumes he is another lost soul. But he can talk to her and no other soul has. Dank pops up every now and then but Pagan just goes about her life. She even meets and falls for Leif, a super cute, sweet, and wonderful guy. They begin dating and everything is perfect in her life for awhile.

Where does Dank come in? Well he was just around. I never felt like I got to know him at all. He hangs around protecting Pagan and plays his guitar. I was mostly swooning over Leif the whole time. What really made this book not enjoyable for me was that Pagan becomes one of those weepy, whiny heroines that feels sorry for herself because she can't be with Dank. She cries all day, ignores her friends, and basically doesn't want to do anything if she can't be with Dank. Although even though Dank is ignoring her she says she will forgive him of anything and continues to use Leif for comfort.

Then at one point she even goes into a mental institution and doesn't want to leave because she thinks then Dank won't sing to her at night anymore! That just pushed it too far for me. There was a bit of a cliff hanger involving Leif. I'm curious to learn more about him, since he was the only thing I liked about this book, but the sequel won't be high on my list. I do have Vincent Boys by this author on my kindle and plan to give Breathe a try sometime. Hopefully I enjoy those more than this.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Existence.

1.0% "Total cover love! Hope it's good!" 1 comment
01/30/2012
60.0% "I'm not really feeling this one. The love story is really getting on my nerves." 5 comments
80.0% 1 comment

Nicole Existence sounds really interesting! Plus I love the guys eyes on the cover.

Suzanne This sounds really good!

Jody This cover drives me wild. I cant even look at it too long! Its really good. I loved it. Dying for the next one.

Autumn Review I'm a big Abbi fan as you know. My fav is Vincent Boys. :)

Jennifer Autumn Review wrote: "I'm a big Abbi fan as you know. My fav is Vincent Boys. :)"

Yeah I hear great things! But I didn't really like this one. But I'm looking forward to Vincent Boys and Breathe. I'll probably like those better.

Autumn Review I like Breathe, but it's my least favorite. Good thing that came out of Breathe was Marcus! He has his own book now though. It's her new one that comes out on the 14th, Because of Low. It was good!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Same. Pagan just pissed me off throughout the book. Like seriously stick with Leif! He's freaking amazing! Stop going after some creep that made you go completely insane, and not the loving insane... So far I've only read 47% of the story and I'm not really liking it. Except when Leif is in it, but she's so worried with Dank that I think she sometimes forgets who she actaully is dating!

Jennifer Ruby wrote: "Same. Pagan just pissed me off throughout the book. Like seriously stick with Leif! He's freaking amazing! Stop going after some creep that made you go completely insane, and not the loving insane...."

Yeah it was pretty ridic. I'm usually easy going but I can only take so much! I almost didn't finish it but it was short and I kept hoping for it to get better.

message 9: by Becky (new)

Becky Breathe is decent but not an all-time favorite of mine. It's a fast read though, but the building of the relationship is a bit rushed. I did like the characters though. It is a 4 part book series and I'm going to check out the others. Thanks for your review of this book. I think I'll steer clear of it. :)