Dhezza Silverio's Reviews > Obsidian

bookshelves: read-in-2012, read-wishlist
Read from June 02 to 07, 2012

H-O-T!

Merged review:

Katy and her mom decided to leave Florida and her father memories behind and start a new life in Virginia. Katy's mother wanted her to go out make some friends. So Katy goes out and ask their neighbors where the closest grocery store is. She comes face-to-face with a very broad, tan, perfect naked chest.
.."I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up. And then he opened his mouth."
His name is Daemon. Apparently, he's mean to girls. He has a little sister named Dee. To cut it short, Katy and Dee became friends but Daemon doesn't approve. Then, Katy notice odd things about Daemon and Dee and also the Thompson (family friend of Daemon and Dee) like they appear to be blurry, can breathe 10 minutes under the water and other things. Katy learned the truth after the accident. Daemon save her life twice or thrice. They were Aliens. They came from the planet Lux and they called themselves Luxen. They have enemies called Arum who wanted to suck their light. When a Luxen uses his/her power around human, the latter will shine according to what extent of power used. And that is the time the Arum will sense a Luxen around. That is why, Daemon don't want Katy near them.

I was excited to read this because of the reviews I've read. But it didn't exceed my expectations. The Alien concept is great. It's refreshing. I liked the book but I guess I could use some romance. I hate Daemon. He's a dickhead and douchebag. He could use some kindness toward Katy. I really don't know if he likes Katy because one minute he is sweet and kind then one minute he acts a jerk. On the other hand I liked her sister Dee. She's kind, sweet and radiate positivity. I also liked that Katy is a book blogger.

All in all, I definitely enjoyed it especially those hilarious moments. I hope the second book is better than this.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Obsidian.

06/05/2012

Aimee I agree it could have been better. I hate Daemon and Katy. :/

Dhezza Silverio Yeah. Sana okay yung book 2. At sana magbago na is Daemon :)

Aimee Dalawa sila dapat magswap ng attitude haha ang boring kc talaga ni Katy. :/

Dhezza Silverio Haha.Pareho.